9/18/09

Basic Cheese Strata!!!


Basic Cheese Strata
This is a good comfort food! So nice and cheesy!!!

6 slices white bread flour
3 cups shredded mild cheddar
3 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 4 ounces can diced green chiles

Cut bread into small cubes. Layer bread and cheese
in a buttered 6- or 7- x 10-in. baking dish. Beat
together eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over
cheese and bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake uncovered in a preheated 350ºF for 45 minutes
or until light and fluffy. Serve immediately.
6 servings.
*also good with vegetables and sauage in it

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my kid's favorites, and a request on every special occasion. We add chopped turkey ham, green peppers, onions and mushrooms..mmmmm. I keep chopped frozen green peppers and onions from the summer garden in the freezer so it's easy to add.

    Thanks for the written recipe..I've had people ask for the recipe, and since I've made it so long I didn't have it written-IF you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete