9/11/09

My Shish Kobobs!!




This is how I make my Shish Kabobs!

I start out by marinating the meat for a day. For this recipe I used a chuck roast and chicken breasts and cut
them up in squares. Tossed them in a Ziploc bag with homemade bbq sauce for the beef and homemade teriyaki sauce for the chicken!

The next day i cut up Vegetables, mushrooms, garlic, red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, limes, red onions, and a pineapple(leaving the skin on). The vegetables are from my garden, so the meal wont be costing very much!! If you want, you can also marinate the vegetables for an hour or so, any longer they seem to break down and get soft.

Soak the skewers for a few hours if you remember!!

When everything is all ready and assembled on your counter start kabobing!

After everything is skewered i run my sauce brush over the meat and vegetable with some of the marinade!

Now you can either grill the kabobs or cook them in the oven. My grill is broke(dh says i used it to much! hahah!) so i had to cook mine in the oven and our smoker. For the oven i cooked at 35o degrees for 25-30 minutes, and put it on broil at the end to get it crispy and carmelized looking for about 5 min. watching carefully!

*During the cooking time I spread some marinade over the kabobs a couple more times as they were cooking.
Gee i just realized I forgot to take a done picture!!hahahah next time!!

debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment