When I was in 9th grade(many many years ago), I took a home Ec class and got first prize for the best Snickerdoodles in class! Here's the recipe!
1/2 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 2/4 c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
4 T. white sugar
3 t. Gd cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 c. sugar, the eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix in the flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt.
4. Shape the dough in to little round balls about 1 1/2 inch's round or you can do them bigger or smaller, just depends on what you want!
5. Mix the 2 T. of sugar and the Cinnamon on together.
6. Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon, I put the cinnamon/sugar mix in a flat container with sides and pop the balls in and shake it around gently!!
7. Now put them about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 8 to 10 min. Don't let the cookies get to hard while baking, usually 8 minutes does for me.
9. Take them off the cookie pan when done! Enjoy!!