9/4/09

My Whole Lotta Bread Recipe!!

My whole lotta bread recipe!!
6 loaves.

First I Measure into a bowl:
1 c. warm water
2 tsp. sugar

Then I add:
2 tbsp. yeast
And stir it up a bit.

I let it stand for about 10 min or so. So that it gets nice and soft

In a large bowl I add:
1 1/2 c. milk ( or use pd milk)
4 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. melted margarine or oil
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. salt

Mix this up good and add yeast mix.

Mix in:
7 c. flour( you can mix up the flours also by using what you want, experiment!)

mix in 7 more cups of flour!

and finally! Stir in:
4 c. flour

this can be turned out on a clean table top and mixed! The kids loved kneading it this way.

Now knead until smooth and elastic. Cover this and let rise until doubled. Punch down gently and let rise again. You can now divide the dough how you want it, in bread pans, on a cookie sheet or rolls, hamb. Buns, use for fried bread etc!. let rise for about 30 min. in warm area! i brush the tops with butter before I put them in oven. Bake for 1/2 hour or until done at 375 degrees F.

*You can put any kinda herbs in this dough also! Cheese, etc!

debbie

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete