Basic Pita Bread
1 pound loaf:
3/4 cup milk
1tbsp olive oil
2 cups bread flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
1. Add ingredients to the bread pan according to the manufacturer's instructions. Select the Dough cycle and start.
2. After the cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine and cover with a large bowl. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into seven equal portions and shape each into a smooth ball. Place the balls on a lightly floured work surface and use a rolling-pin to roll each ball into a 6 inch circle. Cover the circles and let them rise for about 30 minutes or until they puff slightly.
4. Place 2 to three dough circles on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in an oven at 450 degrees for about 3 minutes, turn the dough once, then bake for an additional 3 or 4 minutes, or until the bread is puffed and the tops are beginning to brown.
5. Remove the pita rounds from the oven and let them cool on a rack, and repeat with the remaining dough circles. You should end up with 7 to 10 pita rounds.