My Baking Powder Biscuits
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
1. Measure flour, salt and baking powder into bowl.
2. Cut shortening into 4 or 5 pieces and drop in bowl.
3. If using kitchen aide hook up the paddle and click it on to the first click for about 1 min. or until you think its cut in there! kinda looks like your making pie dough..
4. Add milk and mix on fisrt click until the dough sticks to the paddle.
5. Don't overbeat.
6. Turn dough onto lightly floured board. Knead dough lightly until smooth, about 20 seconds.
7. Pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch biscuit cutter.Place biscuits on greased baking sheets and brush with melted butter or margarine. Bake at 450 degrees F. for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.Yield: 1 dozen biscuits maybe!!hahaha depends on how big you make them!
*NOTE: you can also add cheese or herbs to this recipe!!!
*SECOND NOTE: you can also roll the dough out like you would for cinnamon rolls , spread on some butter, sprinkle on cinnamon/sugar, roll up and cut with sharp knife like you would cinnamon rolls and lay on cookie sheet to cook. 450 degrees for 10 to 12 min. till light colored!
then take off, set on plate and drizzle pd. sugar, milk and vanilla or lemon flavoring on them(mixed together!)! ohhh theses are soooo good!