4 cups barley, wheat or some rolled oats or mix em up!
1/2 cup sunflower seeds,pumpkin seeds(shelled of course!!) or other seeds!
1/2 cup honey, maple syrup, apple juice, orange juice or a thick syrup made from 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2-3 T water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla or any other extract
3/4 cup raisins or other dried fruit (opt)
1/2 cup walnuts or peanuts or almonds or? (opt)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, I mix all the dry ingred. together except for the dried fruit.
2. In another bowl mix the sweetener, oil, and extract together.
3. Next add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix completely!
4. Now spread the granola on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for ten minutes.
6. Use a spatula to turn the granola on the cookie sheet. Put the granola back in the oven and bake for another ten minutes or until its lookin dry and starting to brown.
7. Take the granola from the oven and stir in the fruit! your done!!
Hint!:the granola will become crisper as it drys. Next store in container in cupboard!!